12-22-19 Sermon Notes // Peace on Earth “The Gift of Peace”
“The Gift of Peace”
John 14:27 “I am leaving you with a gift – peace of mind and heart. And the peace I give is a gift the world cannot give. So don’t be troubled or afraid.”
Three kinds of peace Jesus offers you:
- Peace with GOD. Romans 5:1
- Peace within YOURSELF. Colossians 3:15
- Peace with OTHERS. Galatians 3:28
How to enjoy God’s peace…
- You must experience a moment of CLARITY.
Ephesians 1:18 “I pray that your hearts will be flooded with light so that you can understand the confident hope He has given to those He called…”
- You must express an attitude of HUMILITY.
James 4:6 “God opposes the proud but gives grace to the humble.”
- You must DEPEND on Jesus to help you.
Isaiah 26:3 “You, Lord, give true peace to those who depend on You, because they trust You.”