6-23-19 Sermon Notes “Return of the King” Week 3
Link to Video: Click Here
“Signs of His Coming”
II Thessalonians 2:1-8
A. God’s Word does not keep us in the dark concerning end time events. Matthew 24
|· False Christs
· False prophets
· Wars & rumors of war
· Disease & pestilence
· Great sorrow
|· Persecution of Christians
· Many will be offended
· Lawlessness abounds
· Love of many grows cold
· World will hear the Gospel
· Antichrist will be revealed
· Israel will be attacked
Yet, people will still be “eating, drinking, marrying and giving in marriage!” Matthew 24:36-39
B.Our attitude toward what’s happening:
- Don’t worry! Matthew 24:6
- Allow the Holy Spirit to work in you! I John 3:3
- Work for the Lord! John 9:4
- Be faithful! Hebrews 10:25
C. The eight planks of the Antichrist’s platform: II Thessalonians 2:1-12
- He will come as a man of peace.
- He will make a peace treaty with Israel for seven years.
- He will cause all to prosper.
- He will require all to receive his mark.
- He will invade Israel and set up his headquarters in Jerusalem and announce that he is god to be worshipped.
- He will worship the god of forces.
- He will recover wondrously when he is wounded in the head.
He will cause the Jews to flee for their lives.