5-19-19 Sermon Notes “Faithful in the Small Things”
Link to Video: Click Here
Title: “Faithful in the Small Things”
Zechariah 4:10 “Do not despise these small beginnings, for the Lord rejoices to see the work begin.”
1.The road to greatness often goes through the road of “smallness.”
- If you are not faithful where you are, you will never get to where God wants you to be.
- Many people are looking for shortcuts, but God is looking for faithfulness!
Colossians 3:23 “And whatever you do, do it heartily, as to the Lord and not to men,
24knowing that from the Lord you will receive the reward of the inheritance; for you serve the Lord Christ.”
- Harvest is not the only season!
Galatians 6:9 “And let us not grow weary while doing good, for in due season we shall reap if we do not lose heart.”
2. David was faithful in the small things before he became the king of Israel.
1 Samuel 16:7 “For the Lord does not see as man sees; for man looks at the outward appearance, but the Lord looks at the heart.”
1 Samuel 16:19 “Send me your son David, who is with the sheep.”
Luke 16:10 “Whoever can be trusted with very little can also be trusted with much.”
3. The faithful will abound.
Proverbs 28:20 “A faithful man will abound with blessings.”
- Abound = “to be catapulted; to be thrust to a new level.”
Job 8:7 “And though your beginning was small, yet your latter end would greatly increase.”
Blessing follows preparation!