4-12-20 // The Power of Easter
- The death, burial and resurrection of Jesus happened over the course of three days – Friday, Saturday and Sunday.
- Jesus modeled what to do when you go through the worst days of your life.
1. Friday – the day of pain AND SUFFERING.
“For since He Himself has now been through suffering and temptation, He knows what it is like when we suffer and are tempted, and He is wonderfully able to help us.”
- When you go through days of pain – REACH OUT TO THE PRESENCE OF GOD.
He went on a little farther and fell to the ground. He prayed that, if it were possible, the awful hour awaiting Him might pass Him by.
36“Abba, Father,” He cried out, “everything is possible for You. Please take this cup of suffering away from Me. Yet I want Your will to be done, not Mine.”
2. Saturday – the day of doubt and confusion.
- When you go through days of doubt and confusion – REMEMBER THE PROMISES OF GOD.
“When you go through deep waters and great trouble, I will be with you. When you go through rivers of difficulty, you will not drown! When you walk through the fire of oppression, you will not be burned up — the flames will not consume you.
3For I am the Lord your God, your Savior…”
3. Sunday – the day of joy.
- The only way to get through days of pain, doubt, confusion and hopelessness and make it to days of joy, celebration and victory is to RELY ON THE POWER OF JESUS.
Jesus said to her, “I am the resurrection and the life. He who believes in Me, though he may die, he shall live.
26And whoever lives and believes in Me shall never die. Do you believe this?”
To make it through the worst days of your life to the days of joy…
- Reach out to the presence of Jesus
- Remember the promises of Jesus
- Rely on the power of Jesus
“if you confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you will be saved.”