12-15-19 Sermon Notes // Peace on Earth “The Prince of Peace”
Link to Video: Click Here
“The Prince of Peace”
Text: Luke 2:13-14
Isaiah 9:6 “And He will be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace.”
- Prince of Peace = “SHAR SHALOM” (in Hebrew)
- “SHAR” = Lord; chief; general; the one in charge.
- “SHALOM” = rest; tranquility; wholeness; contentment.
Ephesians 2:13-14 “But now in Christ Jesus you who once were far off have been brought near by the blood of Christ. 14 For He Himself is our peace…”
How do you experience the peace of Jesus?
- Get under the LORDSHIP of Jesus.
Acts 10:36 “You know the message God sent to the people of Israel, announcing the good news of peace through Jesus Christ, who is Lord of all.”
- Bring Jesus into EVERY SITUATION.
2 Thessalonians 3:16 “Now may the Lord of peace Himself give you peace at all times and in every way. The Lord be with all of you.”
- Keep your MIND fixed on Jesus.
Isaiah 26:3 “You will keep him in perfect peace whose mind is stayed on You, because he trusts in You.”
Romans 15:13 “May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in Him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit.”