1-5-20 Sermon Notes // Pray First Week 1 “Getting to Know God Through Prayer”
Link to Video: Click here
“Getting to Know God Through Prayer”
Why don’t people pray more?
- Not sure they know how to pray
- Get bored or distracted while trying to pray
- Think their requests are too small for God
- Not sure their prayers will make a difference
Prayer is simply communicating with God!
Psalm 5:1-2 “Give ear to my words, O Lord, consider my meditation. 2 Give heed to the voice of my cry, my King and my God, for to You I will pray.”
How do you pray?
- Talk to God with gut-level honesty. Matthew 6:5,7
- Talk to God about everything that matters to you.
Philippians 4:6 “Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God.”
- Talk to God continually.
1 Thessalonians 5:16-18 “Rejoice always, 17 pray continually, 18 give thanks in all circumstances…”
- Talk to God and listen for His response.
John 10:27 “My sheep hear My voice, and I know them, and they follow Me.”