1-12-20 Sermon Notes // Pray First Week 2 “Developing a Lifestyle of Prayer”
Link to Video: Click Here
“Developing a Lifestyle of Prayer”
1 Thessalonians 5:16-18 “Rejoice always, 17 pray continually,
18 give thanks in all circumstances…”
- Prayer is literally the place where Heaven touches earth!
- Prayer should not just be an event but a lifestyle.
- Jesus prayed in His divinity and in His humanity.
Hebrews 4:15-16 “For we do not have a High Priest who cannot sympathize with our weaknesses, but was in all points tempted as we are, yet without sin. 16 Let us therefore come boldly to the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy and find grace to help in time of need.”
Turning your prayer time into a prayer life…
- Make prayer a PRIORITY.
- Always pray in JESUS NAME.
- Do not DELAY
- Use JESUS as the model for your prayer.
Mark 14:32-34 “Then they came to a place which was named Gethsemane; and He said to His disciples, “Sit here while I pray.” 33 And He took Peter, James, and John with Him, and He began to be troubled and deeply distressed. 34 Then He said to them, “My soul is exceedingly sorrowful, even to death. Stay here and watch.”